1. How do DenteShield™ products differ from the competition?
In addition to a physical barrier, all SelenBio DenteShield products incorporate SELDOX™, which creates an antimicrobial, biological barrier killing any bacteria that may reach the tooth’s surface.
2. Are DenteShield™ products BPA free?
Yes. All DenteShield products are free of BPA (bisphenol A).
3. Are DenteShield™ products cleared by the FDA?
Yes. DenteShield products have received FDA 510(k) clearance.
4. Does SELDOX™ alter the product’s taste?
No difference in taste has been reported between products containing Seldox and products without.
5. Will DenteShield™ products alter tooth color?
Laboratory tests have shown no clinically visible discoloration or change in tooth shade as a result of using DenteShield products.
6. Can DenteShield™ sealants and primers be used with my current orthodontic adhesive?
Yes. DenteShield Light Cure Enamel Surface Sealant and DenteShield Primer are designed and tested for use with currently available light cure orthodontic adhesives from other manufacturers. Additionally, an independent laboratory test concluded that DenteShield sealants and primers showed no significant effect on the shear bond strength of common orthodontic adhesives, and performed favorably compared to leading sealants and primers.
7. Will DenteShield™ sealant and primer brush off over time?
Results from a study simulating 24 months of tooth brushing showed only 30% average loss over the course of two years.
8. Where can I find more information on trials and clinical studies?
Downloadable reports may be found here